This is the summer to develop resiliency and wilderness skills with MSU Tollgate Farm's Virtual Outdoor Adventure Camp. Take survival camp to a whole new level and challenge yourself with this exciting virtual wilderness skill-building experience from July 27-31.
For campers 11-15 years old, test your limits and develop a survival mindset with the 10 essentials, fire-building, outdoor cooking, shelter-building, and team-building trust initiatives. Camp out under the stars in your own backyard and enjoy virtual campfire stories with special guests including the Oakland Astronomy Club.
Synchronous interactive sessions $8 each. Knot-tying and Fishing Skills Tuesday session $14 includes kit with supplies to be mailed to the registrant. The week will consist of several self-directed activities and challenges as well as synchronous virtual interactive sessions below. Topics subject to change.
- Monday, July 27, 3:30 p.m. Orientation, Team-building, and the Ten Essentials
- Tuesday, July 28, 3:30 p.m. Knot-Tying and Fishing Skills
- Wednesday, July 29, 3:30 p.m. Kayaking and Paddling Basics
- Thursday, July 30, 3:30 p.m. Shelter-building and Fire-building
- Friday, July 31, 3:30 p.m. Survival Skills Showcase
Register here: https://events.anr.msu.edu/OutdoorAdventureVirtualCamp/
Sessions are $8 each except for Knot-tying and Fishing Skills which is $14. $40 for all five sessions. Once registered for interactive sessions, please watch your email the week of camp for Zoom invitation.