Throughout the month of July, the Novi Public Library will host a special series on racism, with candid conversations.
Guests are invited to join the conversation and ask questions, share comments, or just listen in. Visit the Library's website to register at novilibrary.org
or join us Live on Facebook
at the time of the event. Details about how to connect to Zoom will be emailed two days prior to the program to registered attendees. All events in this series are free.
Talking Racism Series – Racism Is Not a “Black People” Issue (Register here)
Talking Racism Series – Teens/Young Adults Talk Racism Views & Experiences (Register here)
- Tuesday, July 14 at 6:30pm: Join us for this enlightening program discussing racism.
- Special guest: Hon. Judge Cynthia Stephens.
Talking Racism Series – Talking With Your Kids About Racism (Register here)
- Thursday, July 16 at 6:30pm: Join us for this enlightening program as teens talk about racism. Hear what they have to say. Ages: 16+
Talking Racism Series – Why Take a Knee (Register here)
- Wednesday, July 22 at 6:30pm: Hear perspectives from both Black and White parents.
- Special Guests: Dr.Rose Moten, PSY.D, Dr. Katherine Gothard, PSY.D, Mrs. Paula Henry- PAASN (Parents of African American Students of Novi).
- Tuesday, July 30 at 6:30pm: Join us for this enlightening program as we talk about racism.
- Special guest: Hon. Mary Sheffield, Detroit City Council President Pro-Tem