MSU Tollgate Farm is hosting a virtual professional development panel discussion series for formal and non-formal educators about learning to better incorporate the perspectives of those with whom we work in schools and educational programs.
Moderators and panelists from each community provide a chance for educators to deepen their teaching practice in a safe online space for open conversation and community. To learn more or to register click here.
Education will begin November 4 with a session on indigenous perspectives & experiences of maple sugaring especially as they connect to schools and place-based education centers.
Other upcoming sessions include:
- December 2 - Incorporating Black Perspectives in Place-Based Teaching and Learning
- February 3 - Special Needs Perspectives and PBE In and Beyond the Classroom
- March 3 - Engaging with LGTBQ+IA Communities in PBE in Formal and Non-Formal Settings
- April 7 - A Latinx Lens: Incorporating Latinx Perspectives through Place-Based Educational Programming
- May 5 -Incorporating Asian Principles, Practices, and People in Community- and Place-Based Learning SCHECHs are available for teachers.